Urban Farm Girl

A one-woman brainstorming session.

16 August, 2006

Entrance to the Field (bad pun intended!)

It's time to get disciplined about information and its dissemination.

I'm thinking about a change of course. I've always loved to write. I'm a research nerd. I love policy, politics, analysis, dissection. And I'm thinking about trying my hand at some freelance journalism. I thought I needed a place to work on ideas and pieces where I can publish myself without fear of an editor's rejection letter. So here it is.

Urban Farm Girl is where I'm at right now - my heart is with rural America. My passions revolve around the environment, energy and how ag plays into all of this. Where is rural America today - where has it gone since I was a child? And what will become of it? My body is in the city, where I plan to stay. And the two work together inside my heart and brain in a way that makes them intertwine in my intellect as well. That's as good an explanation as I can give.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home